so happy labor day, a day late! i wanted to share with you how we celebrated labor day...
with big bows... (when she wears this one, we like to call her lola) :)
and chocolate-peanut butter whoopie pies! ...or whoopie cushions as my mom would call them. they were a hit! here is the recipe, courtesy of better homes and garden:
* 1 12-oz. pkg. miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
* 2 Tbsp. milk
* 3/4 cup butter, softened
* 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
* 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* 1 tsp. baking powder
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 recipe Filling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Set aside 1/4 cup chocolate pieces to sprinkle on cookies. In microwave-safe bowl combine 1 cup of the chocolate pieces and 2 tablespoons milk. Microwave on 50 percent power (medium) 1 minute or until melted; stir once. Set aside.
2. In bowl beat butter and peanut butter with electric mixer until combine. Add sugar, soda, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; beat to combine. Add eggs, 1/2 cup milk, vanilla, and melted chocolate; beat until combined. Beat in cocoa powder and flour until combined. Stir in remaining chocolate pieces. Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with reserved chocolate. Bake 9 minutes or until tops are set. Cool on sheets 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely. To assemble, spread flat sides of half the cookies with Filling; top with remaining cookies.
3. Filling: In bowl beat 1 cup softened butter, 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 1 cup marshmallow creme, and 2 cups powdered sugar with electric mixer until combined. If needed, beat in 2 tablespoons milk until spreading consistency. Makes 30 servings.